Tuesday, May 19, 2009

8 Years!!


Today marks 8 years since the day that Ryan and I got married. We had a simple but beautiful wedding outside. Joe and Shirley Pico were kind enough to let us celebrate this occasion in their beautiful back yard. Our colors were a light purple(periwinkle)and silver. My sister made my dress....it had lace daisies and was beautiful. I wore white slippers under my dress..lol...back then I wore slippers almost everywhere...who knows why! It was a great day and I am thankful for all the family and friends that helped to make it that way.

Ryan and I got married young,we were both 18 and he turned 19 on our honeymoon! Sounds crazy now but I wouldn't have had things any other way. I knew from the beginning when I met Ryan that he was my other half and that we belonged together. We have been through so much in 8 years and have grown and learned together. I feel blessed for all that we have been through the good and the bad...it has put us where we are today and I can honestly say it just keeps getting better!! I love you Ryan....I never stopped...I am so grateful for you and who you are as a Man and Father today. Happy Anniversary Ryan!

10 comments:

Holly Janeen said...

so sweet! i cant wait till i make it 8 years! thanks for your example, i am so happy for you!

Tiffany Matthews said...

Congratulations on 8 years that is great. I have a few more to catch up with you. How do you know the Picos? They are in my ward and my husband grew up with Joe as one of his leaders. He is the best.

Malissa said...

I was at your wedding...and I can still remember it. It was very nice and charming! I love backyard gigs! Happy Anniversary!!

Jacob and Meredith Hammond said...

Okay so tell us how you met! I love these stories! (Happy 8 years btw!)

Class and Sass said...

Well...Ryan's sister was in my home ward and he came to church with her one Sunday....I saw him in sacament meeting and we realy couldn't keep our eyes off each other. Than I didn't see him for a long time...well like a month. He came back with his sister one Sunday and I noticed they were sitting by my Laurels teacher...I found out she was his sister's roomate and told her I had to have a date with that hotty! She told his sister and the next time they came his sister left his phone number for menwith a friend...lol Ryan was and is VERY shy. When I recieved the number I turned around to just go talk to him instead(me,not so shy lol!)and he was litteraly running out of the church building!! LOL! No exageration!! I called him that day and asked him to come with me and some other dates to a fireside and dinner at a friends house. He maybe said 5 words the entire night, I was hooked!

AMBER said...

Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds! How are you guys?! We should get tog!!

daveandlisa said...

Congratulations!!! 8 years is a long time. One more month and we'll be there too. I can't believe that it's been that long already. BTW, you look so HOT!!!!

Laura said...

I can't believe it's been 8 years! i remember your wedding so well! So glad you are happy.

Michelle McClure said...

Ooo la la! Happy 8 years!

Eaton Family said...

Wow 8 years that is awesome! I am so happy for you guys, you guys look so in love!