Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ode to the fair!!

Every year,since I have known Ryan we ( us and his family) go to the fair. It is a family outing that I have come to love and look forward to every year. For those of you that don't know...I am a chicken!! I am scared of the dumbest things and am full of all the "what ifs" one could come up with. :) Well every year at the fair the rides seem to get scarier, or just bigger and better,but I am surrounded by my sis-n-laws and Ryan who love a scare. So every year they seem to convince me to get on the rides and not just the ones for my kiddos. LOL! This year there was this superman ride where 3 people lay on their stomachs on these platforms and then a bar snaps you in place on your back (kinda like being the middle in a sandwich) then they make you fly up,down and even sideways!! Well last year at the fair I weighed 35lbs more and I know I would have been as snug as a bug in a rug then,but this year (being 35lbs. less)I couldn't even feel the bar on my back!! There was a big gap and I was laying in between Ryan and his sister and it was tight on them!!! I was panicked ,freaked out....even started to cry before the ride had started. They kept telling me it would be OK but that wasn't even the worst of it! Once the ride had started all I could do was cry and scream. It was just such a scary thing to be flying in the air like....well....superman!! So I survived that and several other scary rides,again this year,and before we left I even rode the superman ride again and that time loved every second of it!! I go through this every year,one would think that I would remember how much fun I ended up having the year before and be fine but nope not me. Oh well :) I was also very proud of the food choices I made at the fair this year ; ) I love the fair!!!

1 comment:

Michelle Bebe said...

you give me courage! we are going to orlando in february and i am already FREAKED out! if you can do it maybe i can too!