Saturday, May 10, 2008

Carol

Well, my dear Step-Mother passed away very early Thursday morning. I was fortunate enough to have my sis-n-law take the kids most of the day on Wednesday so I could spend the day with my Dad and Carol. It has been difficult but I know she has been relieved of a lot of pain and is getting to reunite with some of her family up in Heaven. I have known Carol all of my life, she has been there for me through quite a bit. I always felt how proud she was of me and how much she loved me. The strongest connection of love that I have ever felt or witnessed was the love that her and my Dad shared. In the last parts of her life she wasn't able to speak but whenever my Dad was with in her sight I could see and feel the love stronger than anything else. She was the same way with me as I sat and told her everything I wanted her to know,like how much I loved her and how grateful I was that she was so wonderful to my Dad. She did not have to say one word the entire conversation I felt what she was thinking and could see it in her eyes. I am sad that my Dad and her did not have more time together here on Earth, but in the little time that they were allowed they were a true example of how we should be with our spouses. Thank you Carol...for everything.

5 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

wow, thanks for sharing heather! so sorry to hear about Carol. I am so glad to hear you were able to spend some time with her before she passed on.

Sending love and prayers your way!

Morris Mama said...

So sorry to her about Carol's passing. How blessed you were to be able to speak with her.

AMBER said...

Thinking of you guys. Our prayers are with you & your dad.

AMBER said...

Brooklyn forgot her spoon :( You will have to give it to her for me!

taytum said...

What a tribute her funeral services were to her! I never knew her, but I felt like I did by the end. What a neat lady.